مراجعة ليلة الإمتحان للصف الثالث الثانوي
أولا مواقف الثورة ( هام جدا )
1. A friend thinks that young people should play an important role in the political field. Yes I think so too/I agree with you
2. Someone suggests building a memorial for the martyrs of the 25th Jan, revolution .You approve تستحسن the idea .
What a great idea. / I think it is a great idea
3. You ask someone if he is going to take part in the parliamentary elections. Are you going to take part in the.....
4. Someone asks about the best qualities of the new Egyptian leader.He should be honest, loyal, serious, wise and brave
5. A friend tells you that about 800 people have lost their lives in Tahrir Square . Oh , my God ! I'm so sorry to hear that.
6. You ask your friend if he / she has any sympathy تعاطف towards the late president Have you got any sympathy……?
7. Your friend congratulates you on the revolution's success.
Thanks , freedom deserves to die for it
8. You see some police soldiers hit the demonstrators with sticks. Oh my God ! they are disarmed غير مسلحين.
9. Your friend asks you what you think of the youth who made the revolution. I think they are so brave young men.
10.You ask your friend's opinion about chatting in the face book. What do you think of chatting in the face book?
11. Someone thinks that the internet is a waste of time. You disagree. I disagree with you. /I don’t think so.
12. You suggest a solution to the problem of pollution in Cairo.
We could use fewer private cars
13. You are asked about the best way to protect Egypt
We should face sabotage تخريبand sectarian seditionفتنة طائفية
14. You show sympathy to what happened in Japan after Tsunami. I'm so sorry to hear that bad news
13. You make prediction about education after 25th Jan, revolution. I think it will be better than today.
14. You regret not taking part in the 25th January revolution.
I wish I had taken part in the 25th January revolution.
15. You are asked if the Egyptian youth set a good example in the 25th Jan, revolution. Yes , they set a very good example
16. Your friend asks you about the moral of the 25th Jan, revolution. Strong will can make miracles and great changes
17.You are asked about the media coverage تغطية إعلاميه
I think it lacked transparency شفافية and credibility المصداقية
18. Your express your worries about the conditions in Egypt in the years to come. I'm worried about the conditions in …
19. Your friend asks you if you are going to vote in the coming presidential elections. sure, it will draw the future of Egypt
20-you express your plans/ intention I 'm going to ………….
21-you ask for permission اذن Could I …………………..
22-you regret تندم if only I hadn't + p.p
23-you deduce تستنتج he must / can't have + p.p
24-you warn تحذر Be careful or you will harm yourself
25-you blame تلوم you shouldn't have + p.p
ثانيا مواقف إمتحان السودان
1. You ask your friend doctor's advice how to keep fit.
* What should I do to keep fit
2. A pen friend asks you about the places of interest in Egypt.
* You can visit pyramids, museums and temples
3. Your dad got a good job at a big company .Congratulations
4. You suggest going to the theatre at the weekend,
* What about going to the theatre at the weekend,?
ثالثا مواقف موقع الوزارة
1. You ask your friend if he took part in the 25th January revolution. * Did you take part in the 25th January revolution?
2. You want to know about a friend's studying habits. What do you ask? * Can you tell me about your studying habits?
3. You are asked about the reason for building the Aswan High Dam.* The Aswan High Dam was built to generate electricity
4. You advise sister not to let the water tap run all the time. You shouldn't let the water tap run all the time to save water.
5. You invite your friend to go to the theatre.
* What about going to the theatre with me?
6. It's the beginning of the new year. * Happy new year
7. You don't think that something is true. * I don’t agree
8. A friend asks you what you think about TV news programmes. * I think they're very useful
9- Your friend thinks that TV has many disadvantages. You agree. * Yes I think so. / That's what I think. / You are right.
10- Someone asks if you had a good stay in Luxor. You enjoyed the time there. * It was a wonderful journey
11- A friend asks you if you think people will read newspapers in a hundred years time. You think they won't.
*I don't think so. I think newspapers will be out of date.
12- You see a boy throwing litter in the street.
You shouldn't do this. You should put litter in litter bin.
ثالثا مواقف الورك بوك ( هامة جدا )
1. Someone says that space exploration is too expensive. You agree. I really agree. We can use the money to feed people
2. Someone says that computers are a bad thing. You do not have the same opinion. I don’t agree with u.
3. One of your friends says he thinks walking in space would be very frightening. You think he's right.
I agree. If you made one small mistake, you could be lost
4. You hear someone say that all astronauts are very rich. You know this is not true. That’s not true. I consulted the internet.
1. Your friend has joined a reading group. You want to know the number of people in the group.
How many people are in your reading group?
2. Someone tells you that Anthony Hope wrote The Prisoner of Zenda in three months. You are very surprised by this.
Really? I didn’t know that.
3. You are told that Hope paid for the publication of his first novel himself. Express how you feel That’s interesting.
4. Someone tells you that Hope wrote 37 works of fiction. You are interested but not surprised by this. Is that right?
1. You are doing a survey about energy use in your town. You would like to ask someone some questions. Explain the situation. Hello, I’m doing a survey about energy use in our town. Could I ask you some questions, please?
2. You want to know about a friend's energy-saving habits.
Can you tell me about your energy-saving habits?
3. You hear someone use a word you do not understand. The word is hydroelectric. What does ‘hydroelectric’ mean?
4. Someone asks you how you usually travel to school every day. How do you reply? I usually travel by bus (metro).
1. A friend asks for your opinion about modern novels.
In my opinion, modern novels are not as good as the classics.
2. Someone asks you what you were doing at six o'clock yesterday evening I was finishing my homework.
3. Someone asks you what you think the best thing is about short stories. Give your opinion. I think the best thing about short stories is that things happen quickly.
4. A friend asks you what you used to read when you were five.
When I was five, I used to read kids stories
1. A friend asks for your advice about keeping fit. Advise him.
If I were you, I’d go swimming every day.
2. You want some advice from a friend about how you can eat more healthily. What do you ask?
I’d like to eat more healthily. What do you think I should do?
3. A friend wants to meet new people, but he/she is very shy. Make a recommendation.توصيه
it’d be a good idea for you to join a sports club.
4. Ask your teacher for advice about how to do well in the test. I’d like to do well in the test. What do you think I should do?
1. A friend asks you whether you would like to go somewhere together at the weekend. Yes ,What about going to the beach?
2. The same friend does not want to go the beach, but suggests the swimming pool. OK, then let’s go to the swimming pool.
3. A friend suggests that you join a book club together. You do not want to join a book club, but you would like to join a sports club. I would prefer to join a sports club.
4. The same friend suggests going to the cinema in your town tomorrow. You are not sure. I’m not sure about that.
1. A friend is looking worried. You want to know why. What do you ask? You look worried. What’s wrong?
2. You are asked if you had a good holiday. You enjoyed, but the weather was not very good you are disappointed.
Yes,I had a good time, but I wish the weather had been better
3. A friend asks what subject you would like to be better at.
I’d like to be better at history.
4. Someone asks you about a school trip you went on. You learnt a lot, but you did not take as many photos as you had planned to. I learnt a lot but I wish I had taken more photos.
1. You would like to find out what music your friend likes. What do you ask? what kind of music do you like?
2. A friend asks you what sort of music you enjoy.
I’m a big fan of folk music.
3. You want to find out if your friend plays a musical instrument. Do/Can you play a musical instrument?
4. A friend asks you whether there is any sort of music you don’t like. I can’t stand/really dislike modern music
1. A friend asks you if you think people will read books in a hundred years time. Yes, I’m sure they will.
2. In a conversation, a friend uses the word gadgets. You do not understand the word. What does "gadgets" mean?
3. A friend asks if you think people will have their own spaceships in 50 years. M No, I shouldn’t think so
4. A friend uses the words travel and journey in the same sentence. You do not understand the different meanings of these two words. What is the difference between "travel" and
1. An interviewer asks if you would work some evenings during the week. You would be happy to do this.
Yes, that would be no problem.
2. You want to be able to contact a person you have just met, but you do not have their details. Could you tell/give me your phone number and e-mail address, please?
3. Your friend is applying for a new job. This is a surprise and you ask him the reason.
(Really) Why are you applying for a new job?
4. You want to know whether someone you are interviewing can drive. Do you have a driving licence?
1. An educational adviser asks you what skills you would like to improve. You have never been very good at maths.
I need to improve my maths skills.
2. Someone has asked you for educational advice. Find out what qualifications this person has.
What qualifications do you have already?
3. A friend wants to go back to education, but cannot leave home to go to university. Suggest a distance learning course.
What about doing a distance-learning course?
4. A friend suggests that you do an evening course to improve your English. That’s a good/great idea.
1. A friend asks you your opinion about the importance of the rainforests. Say what you think.
In my opinion, the rainforests are very important for the future of the earth.
2. A friend who has never visited your country asks for your advice about places to see in Egypt. If you ask me,/I think you should visit the Pyramids and the Sphinx.
3. A friend from another country wants to phone someone from a public phone in Egypt. He/She has never done this before. Tell him/her what to do first.
First of all, pick up the telephone, insert a coin, and wait until you hear a high noise. Then dial a number.
4. Someone asks what you think about films which have been made from books. In my opinion,/I think films are usually more interesting than books.
1. A friend asks how you feel about an important English test you have next week. I wish I knew more English words.
2- A friend asks you if you had a good weekend. You enjoyed, but you think you wasted a lot of time. I enjoyed the weekend but I wish I hadn’t wasted so much time.
3. One of your friends is very busy. You would like to help him or her. Would you like me to help?
4. A friend asks you what kind of books you enjoy reading.
I’m very keen on historical novels.
1. A friend asks you why you enjoy sport. Name two reasons.
For two reasons: firstly, it keeps me fit and secondly, I like being with my friends.
2- Warn your friend who is about to cross the road, because there is a car coming very fast.
Look/Watch out! (There’s a car coming.)
3. Your brother is not working hard enough at school. You think he will get very low marks. Warn him.
Unless you work harder, you’ll get low marks.
4. A friend asks you whether you think people will continue to explore space in the future. Yes, I’m sure they’ll continue.
1. Someone says they think magazines are a waste of money. Disagree, giving a reason. I don't agree.. Magazines are an excellent means of spreading news and educating people.
2. A friend calls and asks about the weather. You see dark clouds in the sky.I think/It looks like it's going to rain.
3. One of your friends watched a football match on TV and found it boring. You have a different opinion.
I disagree. (It was a good match.)
4. You hear someone use a word you do not understand. The word is energy. What does energy mean?
1. A foreign friend wants to know how to make tea the Egyptian way. Tell him/her what to do first. First, boil some water, then add it to some tea leaves in a mug.
2. Someone asks what you were doing at eight o'clock this morning. I was having my breakfast.
4. A friend wants a job to help poor people. Advise him or her.
If I were you, I'dtrain to be a doctor?
1. You do not understand why it goes dark at night. Ask someone . Can you explain why it goes dark at night?
2. A friend suggests that swimming is a good way to keep fit. State another way.
Running is also good exercise/a good way to get fit.
3. A friend suggests that you join a squash club together. Suggest something else. (Personally,) I'd prefer to/I'd rather join a tennis club. / How about joining a tennis club?
4. Someone asks where your friend Ali is. You have not seen him for a long time. You are almost certain he is on holiday.
Ali must be on holiday. I haven't seen him for a long time.
1. Your brother looks worried. You want to know whether he has a problem. What's the matter? / Is something wrong?
2- Your mother was very busy yesterday. You regret not helping her. I wish I had helped my mother yesterday.
3. An English friend asks you how you celebrate Sham El-Nessim I/We celebrate by eating salted fish.
4. You forgot to thank a friend for a present he/she gave you.
I'm (very) sorry, I forgot to thank you for the present.
1. Your friend starts to cross a road when you see a car coming. Warn your friend. Watch out! A car is coming!
2. Someone asks if you think people will ~till have cars in 50 years. . I'm sure they will.
3. You hear the word magnet on the radio. Ask a friend what it means. What does "magnet" mean?
4. A friend asks you why you have such an expensive mobile phone. You have two reasons.
For two reasons. Firstly, because I can use it for e-mail, and secondly, because the camera is better.
1. You are interviewing someone for a job. Find out about their qualifications and experience.
What qualifications and experience do you have?
2. Your friend looks like he/she hasn't been sleeping for days. Advise him/her.
You look exhausted. You should go home and sleep.
3. An interviewer has asked you why you have applied for a job in a particular company. Give reason. The reason is that a friend (has) recommended this company to me.
4. You do not understand what distance learning is. Ask a friend. Can you explain what distance learning is?
أولا متحدثين & الثورة ( هام جدا )
1 – A : How do you see the protestors at Tahrir Square ,now ?
B : there are people on camels and horses chasing protestors.
2- A : Welcome to our programme. B : Thank you .
A : Could tell us what happened in the demonstrations on the Friday of fear? B : We wear peacefully protesting against the bad conditions in Egypt and suddenly the security forces started to bombard us with bullets and many young people were killed.
4- A : Our children want to visit El Tahrir square
B : Ok ! I will take you next Friday and we will carry the Egyptian flags.
ثانيا متحدثين & امتحان السودان
1. A: I'd like to book a return ticket to Aswan.
B: Here you are. Platform No. 5. Have a good trip.
A: Thank you.
2. A: I have a severe headache. What should I do now?
B: Take this medicine, regularly. And you have to take some rest. A: Thank you.
ثانيا متحدثين & موقع الوزارة
1- A- I'd like to deposit 20,000 pounds into my account, please.
B-Ok. First fill in this form.
2- A: Is there anything I can do to help?
B:Could you give these books back to the class
A: Yes, of course. Is that the homework we did last week?
B: Yes, That' s right. Your homework was very good.
3- A: Excuse me, sir. The captain has asked everyone to return to their seats B: Does that mean we are going to land soon?
A: Yes, in about 15 minutes.
4- A : Have you seen Mustafa? B: No, sir. He was at his desk on the phone a few minutes ago. A: Isn't he there now?
B: No, maybe he's gone home already.
A : He can't have gone home. He's preparing a to report me
ثالثا متحدثين & الورك بوك
1. A: Good morning. Can I help you?
B: Yes, it's my father's birthday soon. I'd like to buy him a book about space travel.
A: These two are very popular. This one is ten pounds and this is five pounds.
B: Could I have the one that's five pounds, please?
2. A: Can you turn the television on for me, please, Ali?
B: OK, Mum. What's on?
A: The Olympic Games. It's gymnastics this afternoon.
B: Really? I'd like to watch that, too.
1. A: Excuse me. Do you speak English?
B: Yes, I do. How can I help you?
A: Could you tell me the way to the Cairo Tower, please?
B: Yes. Cross the road here, take the first road on the right, and the tower is at the end of that road.
2. A: We have to give our English homework in today.
B: I know, but I don’t know where my book is.
A: Isn’t it in your school bag?
B: No, I think I must have left it at home.
1. A: Good morning. Please sit down. Thank you for your application and CV. Could you tell me a little more about the work you are doing at the moment?
B: Yes, I work full-time as a sales assistant at a supermarket in town, but I’m also training to be an accountant.
2. A: Hello and welcome to the History Department. My name’s Hilary Benson. Before we start the BA course, are there any questions? B: Yes. I’d like to know whether there’s a list of books for this course.
A: Yes, there is. I’ll give you all one at the end of today’s session. B: Thank you very much.
1. A: So, John, could you tell our listeners how you started?
B: Certainly. It was when I was seven. I won first prize in a poetry competition.
When I was a student, some of my stories were published in a university magazine. A: And now it’s your full-time job?
B: That’s right. My second novel was published last year.
2. A: Could you help me carry the shopping into the house, please, Aisha? B: OK, Mum. Where shall I put it?
A: Just put the bags on the kitchen floor for the moment.
1. A: At last we're here. What time does our flight leave, Dad?
B: At midday. We've still got lots of time.
A: Are you sure we have everything we need?
B: Yes, I'm sure. Please stop worrying, Ali!
2. A: So, for your homework, I want you all to make a list of all the plants growing in your neighbourhood.
B: Shall we just write the names of the plants?
A: No, write the names and a short description.
B: When is the homework for? A: Next Thursday, please.
1. A: Excuse me, sir. The captain has asked everyone to return to their seats. B: Does that mean we are going to land soon?
A: Yes, in about 15 minutes.
2. A: Have you seen Tarek?
B: No, sir. He was at his desk on the phone a few minutes ago.
A: Isn't he there now? B: No, maybe he's gone home already.
A: He can't have gone home. He's preparing a report
1. A: Is there anything I can do to help, Miss Salma?
B: Could you give these books back to the class after break?
A: Yes, of course. Is that the homework we did last week?
B: Yes, that's right. Your homework was very good.
2. A: Excuse me. I need to find out about modern farming in Egypt for a university project.
B: All the information on agriculture is on the second floor.
A: Thank you. Can I take any of the books out?
B: Yes. Just bring them to the desk near the entrance.
1. A: Do you remember what happened?
B: No, I just remember waking up in the road.
A: How do you feel now?
B: Not too bad. Will I have to stay here tonight? A: We're not sure yet. We'll have to check you have no broken bones.
2. A: Could you tell us why you would like to study here?
B: Your Biology Department has a very good reputation.
A: And if we accept you, what do you hope to do when you graduate? B: Well, I'd like to work for a food company.
1. A: Are you in your first year?
B: Yes. I'm studying English. but it's only my third week.
A: My parents would like me to apply here. Would you recommend it? B: Yes, definitely.
2. A: Well, your application has been successful.
B: That's great when do I start?
A: At the beginning of next month. You'll be working at our Cairo branch. B: I'm looking forward to starting.
أولا اختيارات إمتحان السودان
1. The moon has less .............. than the earth. So you could jump much higher there.
a) power b) energy c) gravity d) strength
2. .............. he understand the lesson if be read the summary.
a) Will b) Did c) Can d) Would
3. The prisoner of Zenda .............. in the nineteenth-century.
a) took part b) took run c) took place d) took form
4. Ali .............. travelling by sea
a) used to b) using to b) is used to d) uses to
5. Modern .............. are the tall tower which are built where there is a lot of wind.
a) waste b) wind turbine c) fossil d) hydroelectric
6- How .............. information have you got from the story?
a) many b) much c) lots d) different
7. This mice story .............. by Taha Hussein.
a) is written b) writes c) wrote d) was written
8. Yehia Haqqi graduated in law and worked for a short time as a .......... a) lawyer b) diplomat c) sailor d) journalist
9. It's a month .............. Hind last visited her uncle.
a) for b) since c) of d) to
10. The ...... are the parts of trees that grow under the ground and find water. a) branch b) bark c) rings d) roots
11. He will catch the train .............. coming in time.
a) if b) in case of c) unless d) in spite of
12. The cover of the book is made of .............. .
a) rubber b) glass c) wood d) cardboard
13. The teacher asked Ahmed .............. all the way on foot.
if he came - if did he come- would he come - if does he come
14. .............. makes light shine on something.
a) Grass b) Cliff c) Illuminate d) Carve
15. They left two hours ago, so they ......... arrived by now. It's not far. a) must b) must have c) can't have d) have
16. He did nothing wrong. He's .............. .
a) suspect b) guilty c) innocent d) sensible
ثانيا اختيارات موقع الوزارة
3- Choose the correct answer from a, b, c or d : (8 marks )
1- Her uncle can't remember his accident. The doctor thinks he may have….. a headache b- phobia c- amnesia d- injury
2- You can ..................... a new ship and a rocket.
a- launch b- lunch c- harsh d- lash
3- The car stopped because there was a ........... in the petrol tank. a- peak b- peek c- leak d- lake
4- The piano is our favourite musical .....................
a- tool b- instrument c- equipment d- device
5- The police think he did it. He is the main .................
a- suspect b- pioneer c- publisher d- agent
6-………. is a ceremony when someone becomes the new king or queen a- Coordination b-Coronation
c- Celebration d- Cooperation
7- If you ................ earlier, you wouldn't have missed your train. a- had left b- leave c- would have left d- left
8- Yehia Haqqi was born ….. 1905 in the Sayyida Zeinab district of Cairo. a- on b- by c- at d- in
9- At her first school, she ............... to wear a blue uniform.
a- had b- must c- could d- has
10- She does not need to wear glasses. There is nothing wrong with her…. a- tongue b- sigh c- sight d- site
11- Don't worry. I'm sure ................ them again soon.
a) you see b) you're seeing
c) you'll see d) you're going to see
12- In many countries, the wind ………. to generate electricity.
a- used b- use c- are used d- is used
13- A/An ……. student is a university or college student who is older than 25. a- stupid b- mature c- elderly d- genius
14-The Mousetrap ……. as a radio play in 1947.
a- wrote b- writes c- is written d- was written
15- Their uncle is a scientist. He's ........... research into new forms of energy. a- making b- taking c- getting d- doing
16-The ........... lit up the sky on the day the president stepped down.. a- fireworks b- landmarks c- folks d- cures
( 3 ) Choose the correct answer from a, b, c or d.
1 ) My brother and I are not twins, but we are very …………
a ) alike b ) same c ) like d ) correct
2 ) Electricity is produced in a / an …………………. station.
a ) bus b ) railway c ) power d ) energy
3 ) Agatha Christie's books ……. into more than 40 languages.
a ) have been translated b ) have translated
c ) translated d ) were being translated
5 ) Lightning is a dangerous but a natu…………
a ) view b ) response c ) eclipse d )phenomenon
6 ) Wanting friends is part of human …………..
a ) nature b ) conflict c ) will d ) tradition
7 ) It is hard to walk in space because there is no ………
a ) gravity b ) waiting c ) spin d ) air
8 ) Wind and water power are types of …… energy.
a ) new b ) waste c ) renewable d ) expensive
9 ) We went to open a new school last week. It was a very interesting…………...
a ) occasion b ) time c ) view d ) situation
10 ) She didn’t see her brother this morning. He ………………… the flat very early.
a ) must have left b ) must leave
c ) can't have left d ) can't leave
11 ) …………… you work harder, you'll fail.
a ) If b ) Unless c ) When d ) As
12 ) My sister ………. at university for three years. She comes home every weekend.
a ) is b ) has been c ) is being d ) had been
13 ) She asked me whether ………… there before.
a ) I had been b ) I went c ) I go d ) had I been
14 ) We arrived half an hour late. The film….... half an hour earlier. a ) began b ) was beginning
c ) had begun d ) has begun
15 ) She promised She …. me as soon as the plane landed.
a ) will phone b ) is going to phone
c ) would phone d ) phones
16 ) The Romans ………………….. Petra nearly two thousand years ago. a ) have captured b ) were captured
c ) captured d ) had captured
3- Choose the correct answer from a, b, c or d:
1- The car stopped because there was a ------------- in the petrol tank.
a) tap b- launch c-fuel d- leak
2- --------------------is a ceremony in which someone officially becomes a queen or a king.
a) Corporation b) Coronation
c) coordination d) cooperation
3- Pupils don't have to pay for their books. The school -------------- them.
a) pays b) takes c) providesd) affords
4- That tower is one of the town's most famous ----.
a) marks b) landmarks c) products d) events
5- My father is very ---------------. He loves meeting and talking to new people.
a) ambitious b) well organized
c) sociable d) optimistic
6- We are having a/an ----------- at school next month about ways of reducing global warming.
a) debate b) escapism c) publication d) production
7- Twenty kilometers ------------ a long way to run.
a) has b) have c) are d) is
8- My brother and I are not twins, but we are very -------------.
a) same b) alike c) like d) correct
9- I sent an e- mail with three ----- .They were photos of my wedding. a) attachments b) collections
c) missions d) organizations
10- The hard outside part of a tree is called the --------------.
a) root b) bark c) ring d) leave
11- Nearly two million ------ travel to and from Cairo every day.
a) commuters b) pilots c) rescuers d) travellers
12- Electrical storms are a common --------- in our part of the country. a) occurrence b) occur c) current d) occurred
13- I get headache if I ---------------- for a long time.
a) had read b) read c) will read d) would read
14- I expect I ----------------you at the week end.
a) am seeing b) will see c) am going to see d) see
15- Wave power and winds are types of ----------------- energy.
a) waste b) new c) renewable d) non- renewable
16- Magdy objected ------- his friends' accusations.
a) with b) at c) to d) of
ثالثا اختيارات الورك بوك
1 – Million of people watched the rocket ------- on TV.
a – start b – launch c – set off d – beginning
2 – The medicine I am taking is wonderful . It has no side ------
a – results b – damage c – effects d – problems
3 – My brother and I are not twins , but we are very -------------
a – alike b – same c – like d – correct
4 – Coal and oil are two kinds of fossil ---------------------
a – petrol b – gas c – energy d – fuel
5 – Electricity is produced in a ------------------ station.
a – bus b – railway c – power d – energy
6 – I expect ---------------- you at the weekend.
a – I am going to see b – I will see
c – I am seeing d – I see
7 – The film ------------- at 7:30 at the weekend.
a – starts b – will start c – is starting d – is going to start
8 – How -------- times have you seen that film?
a – many b – much c – lots d – different
9 – The distance from here to Cairo -------- two kilometers.
a – are b – is c – has been d – is being
10 – In some places , wood ----------- to heat people's homes.
a – are burnt b – burns c – burnt d – is burnt
1 – When I was at school I won a poetry writing --------------
a – race b – article c – competition d – game
2 – She sent me the report as an e – mail ---------------------
a – attachment b – letter c – picture d – article
3 – The little girl doesn't want to sing because she is ------------
a – innocent b - secret c – spy d – shy
4 – My favourite musical ------------------- is the piano.
a – player b – instrument c – tool d – equipment
5 – I collect postcards which I keep in a -----------------box.
a – paper b – card c – cardboard d – wood
6 – We arrived half an hour late. The film ---- half an hour earlier. a – began b – was beginning
c – had begun d – has begun
7 – Agatha Christie's books ----- into more than 40 languages.
a – have been translated b – have translated
c – translated d – were being translated
8 – The Romans -------- Petra nearly two thousand years ago.
a – have captured b – were captured
c – had captured d - captured
9 – Your train leaves in ten minutes. if you hurry , you will -------- it. a – catch b –will catch c – would catch d – are catching
10 – If I am thirsty, I --------------- water.
a – will drink b – would drink c – am drinking d – drink
1 – Too much sun can be ------------------
a – respectable b – harmful c – unthinkable d – in conflict
2 – We ----- on the door three times , but they didn't hear us.
a – visited b – called c – hit d – knocked
3 – nurses are part of the medical -----------
a – profession b – work c – job d – career
4 – I get on well with my ------- at work, but they are not close friends. a – people b – workers c – colleagues d – relatives
5 – The accident ----- at 8 o'clock when everyone was on their way to work.
a – occurred b – took c – came d – caused
6 – They left two hours ago , so they --- arrived by now . It is not far. a – must b – must have c – have d – can't have
7 – No one is sure where Ali is , but we think he ------ gone to see his uncle.
a – must b – can't have c – might have d – must have
8 – She asked m e whether --------- there before.
a – I had been b – I went c – I go d – had I been
9 – If ------- for too long , I get a headache.
a – I will read b – I read c – I had read d – I would read
10 – If you had come ten minutes later, I --------------------
a – would leave b – will leave
c – leave d – would have left
1 – I am sorry I didn't ------- you. You look completely different. a – see b – recognize c – realize d – position
2 – Most secondary school teachers --------- in one or two subjects. a - specialize b – work c – achieve d – concentrate
3 – Experiments are used to test scientific ----------------------
a – thoughts b – processes c – models d – theories
4 – we are --------------- my brother's birthday next weekend.
a – enjoying b – remembering
c – celebrating d – developing
5 – My favourite --------- when I play football is goalkeeper.
a – place b – point c – location d – position
6 – I wish I --------- what I was doing at the weekend.
a – know b – have known c – knew d – was knowing
7 – My sister wishes she ------- harder when she was at school.
a – had worked b – worked c – works d – has worked
8 – The children were covered in sand when they got home . They-------- a – were playing b – have been playing
c – played d – had been playing
9 – By the time we arrived home , we ---- over 500 kilometres.
a – travelled b – had travelled
c – have travelled d – are travelling
10 – I expect ------- my driving test when I take it next year.
a – pass b – to pass c – passing d – to passing
1 – My parents have always ... me to keep fit by playing sports. a – warned b – agreed c – encouraged d – argued
2 – When you pass your test, you will get a driving ------------
a – permission b – licence c – paper d – certificate
3 – He doesn't want to live a -………-life. He would prefer
excitement and adventure.
a – conventional b – daily c – interesting d – exciting
4 – Their TV ---------------- is very dirty.
a – window b – glass c – gadget d – screen
5 - --------- books used to be very cheap.
a – paper b – paperback c – cardboard d – Hard
6 – Florence Nightingale, -- was born in Italy, went to school
a – which b – where c – who d – that
7 – My uncle went to a school in London, -------he learned to speak English
a – which b – where c – who d – that
8 – I went to the bank this morning --------- I needed to take out some money.
a – so b – although c – because d – and
9 – I have felt really tired today, ------ I went to bed early last night.
a – because b – so c – despite d – although
10 – I hope that by the end of next week, our roof will have been-------
a – repair b – repairing c – repaired d – repairs
1 – My cousin is very --------. She loves meeting and talking to new people.
a – well – organized b – conscientious
c – sociable d – ambitious
2 – People understand what I am saying when I speak Spanish , but I am not -----
a – fluent b – ideal c – mature d – qualified
3 – The girl tried to ---me to lend her my phone , but I refused.
a – treat b – enroll c – provide d – persuade
4 – One of the supermarkets in our town has 25---------------
a – employers b – employees
c – applicants d – merchants
5 – The school -------------- every student with books, so you don't have to buy any yourself.
a – gives b – trains c – provides d – lends
6 – My friend's parents have invited me ---------- on holiday with them.
a – for b – go c – going d – to go
7 – Aisha's parents asked her ------ she had finished her homework. a – weather b – where c – if d – to
8 – Ali's doctor advised --------------- to stay at home if he was feeling ill.
a – he b – him c – it d – his
9 – If it isn't too hot tomorrow , I ------- go swimming.
a – should b – must c – can't d – might
10 – They ------ be at school by eight o'clock everyday . School starts at 8.
a – have to b – should c – might d - can
11 – This medicine is safe. There are no ----------------------
a – top effects b – side effects c – leaks d – waste
12 – I am going to have lunch with friends tomorrow , we are ------at the restaurant at 12:30.
a – going to meet b – would meet c – will meet d – meet
13 – The -------- between Cairo and my town is 650 kilometers.
a – district b – area c – distance d – space
14 – It is hard to walk in space because there is no -------------
a – gravity b – waiting c – spin d – air
15 – In Britain , children ------------ secondary school from the age of 11.
a – go b – intend c – share d – attend
16 – Most furniture ----------- wood.
a – made b – is made c – make d – makes
17 – Many people ------------ vegetables in their gardens.
a – growing b – are grown c – grow d – is grown
18 – In very hot weather , ice cream turns to ----------------
a – water b – soft c – liquid d – solid
19 – We call oil and coal ---------------- fuels.
a – fossil b – old c – renewable d – waste
20 – She -------an archaeologist when she leaves university, that is her plan.
a – will become b – am becoming
c – is going to become d – become
21 – He is flying to London at the weekend . His flight ---- at 5: 30.
a – leaving b – leaves c – left d – leave
22 – We don't have ------------ time . We will have to hurry.
a- many b – some c –a lot d – much
23 – My friend and I look very different, but our personalities are -----
a – alike b – like c – common d – same
24 – Six months -------------- half a year.
a – are b – is c – am d – be
25 – The walls of the ------------ were built to protect the town.
a – pyramids b – mission c – castle d – house
26 – I am writing ------------ that my teacher asked for .
a – essay b – a essay c – the essay d – that essay
**************************************************1. I expect I ................ you at the weekend.
a- am going to see b- am seeing
c- I'll see d- see
2. After the accident, the doctor ................ her to check she was not injured.
a- examined b- looked at c- tested d- studied
3. Do you have ................ free time this afternoon?
a- a b- the c- many d- any
4. We went to the opening of a new school last week. It was a very interesting ................ .
a- occasion b- time c- view d- situation
5. Petrol …………… from oil.
a- made b- is made c- makes d- are made
6. Wind and wave power are typos of ................ energy.
a- new b- waste c- renewable d- cheap
7. When I was younger, I ................ go swimming every day.
a- usually b- used c- use d- used to
8. My sister ................ at university for three years. She comes home every weekend.
a- is b- has been c- is being d- had been
9. The police think he did it. He is the main ................ .
a- suspect b- pioneer c- publisher d- agent
10. I really enjoy reading Agatha Christie novels. I particularly like her ................ .
a- way b- style c- system d- design
11. It ................ that air travel will become more popular in the future.
a- is thought b- was thought c- thought d- thinks
12. He did nothing wrong. He's ................ .
a- suspect b- guilty c- innocent d- sensible
13. If he doesn't get eight hours sleep every night, he ................ really tired the next day.
a- will feel b- feels c- would feel d- is feeling
14. If I have any free time tomorrow, ................ for a walk in the park.
a- I went b- I go c- I'd go d- I'll go
15. The piano is our favourite musical ................ .
a- tool b- instrument c- equipment d- device
16. Her uncle can't remember his accident. The doctor thinks he may have ................ .
a- a headache b- phobia c- amnesia d- injury
1. Don't worry. I'm sure ............... them again soon.
a- you see b- you're seeing
c- you'll see d- you're going to see
2. Wanting friends is part of human ............... .
a- nature b- conflict c- will d- life
3. They have just received this photo as an e-mail ............... .
a- post b- attachment c- letter d- part
4. Lightning is a dangerous but natural ............... .
a- sight b- response c- eclipse d- phenomenon
5. She didn't see her brother this morning. He ............... the flat very early.
a- must have left b- must leave
c- can't have left d- can't leave
6. He left his glasses at school yesterday. I'm hoping someone ............... found them.
a- must have b- might have
c- can't have d- can have
7. The quickest way for Sawsan to get to school is to ............... a train.
a- go b- bring c- come d- take
8. That plant has been ............... so that it gets lots of light.
a- explored b- raised c- positioned d- put
9. Taha's mother asked him where ............... .
a- he had been b- had he been
c- has he been d- he has been
10. She promised she ............... me as soon as the plane landed.
a- will phone b- phoned c- would phone d- phones
11. Is that someone ............... on our door? I'll see who it is.
a- hitting b- knocking c- smashing d- beating
12. Their uncle is a scientist. He's ............... research into new forms of energy.
a- making b- taking c- getting d- doing
13. If you ........... earlier, you wouldn't have missed your train.
a- had left b- leave c- would have left d- left
14. ............... you work harder, you'll fail your exam.
a- If b- Unless c- When d- As
15. I'm hot today. How about ............... to the beach?
a- gone b- going c- went d- go
16. Accidents .......... more frequently when the roads are busy.
a- take part b- come in c- cause d- occur
1- You’ll have to hurry. Your lesson -------in half an hour.
( is going to start - starts - will start –start)
2 -That tower is one of the town’s most famous----------------- .
( landmarks - marks - events – products)
3- I’d like to get a job in the medical-------------------------- .
( work - career - occupation –profession)
4- I wish I----------------------------------------------------- where I left my jacket now.
( know - had known - knew - could know)
5- Heba wishes she---------------------------------------------- all her money at the weekend.
( didn’t spend - doesn’t spend - hasn’t spent - hadn’t spent)
6 -My brother---------------------------------- his ambition when he became a doctor.
( achieved - won - got – made)
7- After the storm, there was a huge --------------------------------of water on the roads.
( floods - number - amount – lot)
8 -Sara felt ill all night because she-------------------------- too much the day before.
( had eaten -was eating - eats - has eaten)
9- Hamdi was very tired yesterday evening because he ------------------for a school test all day.
( has revised - had been revising -revised – revising)
1 0 -I really -----------------------------------------to very loud music in public places.
( disagree - argue - can’t stand – object)
1 1- Ahmed’s friends didn’t ---------------------------him when he returned from a year abroad. He looked so different.
( recognise - remember -see – look)
1 2- My friend suggested ---------------for a picnic in the park.
(go - to go - going – goes)
1 3- We’re planning -------to Europe for our holiday next year.
(flying - to fly - fly - to flying)
1 4- In some countries, people -----------the end of the year on December 31st.
( enjoy - celebrate - have fun – party)
1 5 -In our town, there are musicians who play -------music.
( tradition - national - folk – historical)
1 6 -Whose--------------------------- is it to make sure children arrive safely at school?
(responsible - responsibility - response – respond)
1 Five pounds-------------------- a lot for a cup of coffee.
( are - cost - pay – is)
2- In some countries, people use a passport instead of ---card.
( an identity - a personal - a national - an individual)
3- Sayed ---------the train. He was at the station half an hour before the train left.
( can’t miss - can’t have missed - must have missed - didn’t miss)
4- My friend advised me to see a doctor. I wish I ----------------------her advice now.
( took - take - had taken - have taken)
5 -Did they ever discover the---------------- of the fire?
( reason - purpose - explanation – cause)
6 -My sister promised me---------------- after school this afternoon.
(a meeting - to meet - met – meet)
7 -I’ve just finished a novel --------------the main character is an 80-year-old man.
( which -in which -who – whose)
8 -Have you heard? They’ve discovered a/an---------- new treatment for flu.
( effective - useless - real – cruel)
9- She ----------------sport as a very important part of her life.
( thinks - believes - regards – looks)
1 0 -On------------ that he had passed his driving test, Taha was very happy.
( heard - he heard - to hear – hearing)
1 1 -There was great-------------------- when our team won the football match.
( procession -imprisonment - excitement – attachment)
1 2 -He wasn’t getting enough exercise, --------------he joined a sports club.
( because - although - and – so)
1 3- I’ve seen an interesting article on the internet which I have -----------onto my computer.
( received -done - downloaded – written)
1 4 -By this time next week, the exam results will ---------------.
( have been published - have published - publish - be publishing)
1 5 -I like that photograph on your computer---------------- .
( glass - screen - film – front)
1 6 -Nader is really----------------------------- about all kinds of sport. He loves playing and watching it.
( interested - active - enthusiastic – keen )
1 - In some modern homes, water-------------------- by energy from the sun.
( are heated - heat - is heated - is heating)
2 My daily --------starts when my alarm clock goes off at 6.30.
( routine - habit - custom – way)
3 There’s water all over the floor. Someone -------------to turn off the shower.
( must forget - must have forgotten –
can’t have forgotten - can have forgotten)
4 Her parents ---------------have meetings with the teachers at her school.
(totally - gradually - slowly –regularly)
5 My brother and I have just had a phone conversation ---------------we discussed our holiday plans.
( which -in which - what - to which)
6 - At the weekend, my aunt asked me what I -----------since we last met.
( did -was doing - have done -had been doing)
7- Teachers are always encouraging their students to be-------- and hard-working.
( conventional - common - confusing – conscientious)
8- He wanted to know whether anyone ----------------the book he was reading.
( had seen - has seen - sees – saw)
9- My sister hasn’t finished her course yet. She’s still----------- .
( a trainer - an employee - an employer - a trainee)
1 0 -The best writers force their readers -----------------------about serious questions.
(to think - thinking - thought – think)
1 1- A new supermarket in our town was opened by a well-known-------yesterday.
( celebrity - famous - character – somebody)
1 2- I think someone may have------------------------- today’s newspaper by mistake.
( wasted - thrown - refused - thrown away)
1 3- I really -------phone my parents to tell them I’m going to be late home today.
( need - must - can – could)
1 4- At her first school, she ------------------------------------------to wear a blue uniform.
( had - must - could – has)
1 5- He is thinking of------------ on a Business Studies course at the local college.
( entering - applying - enrolling – beginning)
1 6- Pupils don’t have to pay for their books. The school---------------------- them. ( pays - provides - takes – affords)
أولا جمل تصحيح السودان
1- All scientists are interested in space.
2- My brother had a good education. He to one of the best university .
3- Despite being clever , Mona fell in the final exam.
4-1 went to the pharmacy to buy some medicine.
5- Before you go to London, you should learn to speak English.
6- My father is a good tennis player.
ثانيا جمل تصحيح موقع الوزارة
1-The good news is that Hebe had twin baby girls
2-He asked me where I had put the bag the day before.
3-My plane leaves Cairo today at 10 pm.
4-When Umm Kalthoum died, thousands of people attended her funeral .
5-The pyramids are very important Ancient Egyptian landmark.
6-Doctors and nurses belong to medical profession.
1- Ra'fat El-Haggan and Goma'a El-Shawwan were very famous Egyptian spies.
2- I fixed the leak in the petrol tank.
3- The married couple went to Italy during their honey moon.
4- He asked me if I had seen his newspaper.
5- The prisoner of Zenda was written by Anthony Hope.
6- He doesn’t like pasta. He never eats it.
1-I wish I could read more quickly.
2-We have to show our identity cards before entering the university.
3-I will never forget the day when I first saw my husband.
4-Mr. Ezz is thought to be an honest man.
5- They were working for five hours before the light went off.
ثالثا جمل تصحيح الورك بوك
1. Five litres of petrol is enough for me to get to work.
2. My five-year-old sister will start school in September.
3. The police are going to get new uniforms.
4. Fifty degrees is a very high temperature.
5. Athletics was my father’s favourite sport.
1. Twenty million people have seen the new film already.
2. My parents used to live in a small flat in the city centre.
3. Yesterday evening, we were revising for our English test when all the lights went out.
4. Our school was opened exactly 25 years ago today.
5. She has played the piano since the age of six and she still plays every day.
1. If you leave now, you'll catch your train.
2. Water freezes if the temperature is zero or below.
3. If you throw that stone, you will break a window.
4. If she trains hard, she will win next week’s race.
5. If you mix red and white, you get pink.
1. I wish the school holidays were longer.
2. If only I hadn’t forgotten where I put my mobile phone.
3. I’m really tired this morning. I wish I had slept more last night.
4. Ali wishes he would come to your party, but he’s not feeling well.
5. I wish I hadn’t lent her my dictionary. She’s taken it home with her.
1. He hopes to win a prize for his school work to win.
2. I regret going to the cinema. It was not a very good film.
3. She offered to take me to the station in her car.
4. We’ve just finished watching a TV programme about Egyptian history.
5. We’ve arranged to pick my brother up from the airport.
6. Their teacher agreed to help them find an English pen friend.
1. I've decided that I am going to do more exercise in the future.
2. It's a really good film. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
3. Thirty kilometres is a long way to walk in hot weather
4. Millions of cars are produced by Japanese companies every year
5. In many countries, children have the right to go to school until the age of 16.
6. Electricity is produced in power stations .
1. My father loves his job. He has worked for the same company for 20 years.
2. When I was younger, I used to want to be a pilot.
3. If you kick the ball too hard, you will break that window.
4. The Mousetrap was written by Agatha Christie.
5. Travelling by plane sometimes gives me a headache.
6. The street where I live is only three metres wide.
1. I’m not sure how well I did in the test at school today, but I think I might have passed.
2. You must have been very thirsty. There’s no orange juice left in the bottle.
3. I asked him where he had been all morning.
4. If it had been too hot, we wouldn’t have gone to the beach.
5. What about going shopping this afternoon?
6. How on earth is it possible to irrigate the desert?
1. It was nearly midnight by the time he had finished his homework last night.
2. She was very hungry when the rescue team found her. She had eaten nothing for nearly three days.
3. If only they wrote/would write more quickly.
4. I wish there was/were something I could do to keep fit.
5. She has decided to study medicine when she goes to university.
6. My sister suggested going to the zoo at the weekend.
1. Queen Victoria, whose husband Albert died in 1861, lived until 1901.
2. The town where I was born is in the northeast of the country.
OR: The town in which I was born is in the northeast of the country.
OR: The town which I was born in is in the northeast of the country.
3. Mustafa was happy despite coming third in the race. / Mustafa was happy although he came third in the race.
4. On hearing the good news, Eman phoned her parents.
5. We won’t be told the results of the test until the day after tomorrow.
6. Scientists believe that by 2020, a replacement for oil will have been found.
1. My friend asked me if I had enjoyed reading the book she had lent me.
2. Parents often warn their children not to cross the road without looking.
3. I don’t expect them to arrive yet. They’re often late.
4. You can buy clothes in some supermarkets now.
5. If you can’t see what you want in a shop, you should ask an assistant.
6. You must remember to post this letter. It’s very important.
1. She's going to meet her sister in town.
2. I fixed the leak in the petrol tank.
3. How much time do I need to drive to the city centre? / How many times do I need to drive to the city centre?
4. Oil and gas are found under the ground.
5. Water is the liquid form of ice .
6. The married couple went to Italy on their honeymoon.
1. I need to get fit, so I've made a decision. I'm going to/I'll do more exercise.
2. "The Prisoner of Zenda" was written by Anthony Hope.
3. We moved to this house two years ago today, so we have lived here for exactly two years.
4. Before I entered the university, I had to show my identity card.
5. If you heat water, it boils. / If you heat ice, it melts.
6. Ra'fat EI-Haggan and Goma'a EI-Shawwan were very famous Egyptian spies.
1. Let's try to find them. They can't have gone very far.
2. Teachers and supervisors belong to the teaching profession.
3. He asked me if I had seen his newspaper.
4. The statue of Ramses is a very important Ancient Egyptian monument.
5. People can save lots of money by using the underground.
6. The accident wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been using his mobile phone.
1. I want to make some sandwiches. Have we got any bread?
2. Soha shouldn't eat too many sweets because she is diabetic.
3. I asked my mother whether she had seen my English book.
4. Sylvia is on a low-fat diet because recently she's gained a lot of weight.
5. She has always enjoyed going to the theatre.
6. Alfred Farag is a famous Egyptian playwright.
1. When I have nothing to do, I feel really bored.
2. The person whose job is to clean the school is not here today. He's ill.
3. When Umm Kalthoum died, thousands of people attended her funeral.
4. You should recycle paper, rather than throw it away.
5. Some people believe that in the future, water will be used as a fuel for cars.
6. Although he is 68, my grandfather is still working. / Despite being 68, my grandfather is still working.
1. I wish I could read more quickly.
2. She asked her friend whether she had finished her homework.
3. My parents have invited one of my friends to stay for the weekend.
4. When Wagdy was five years old, he was stung by a scorpion.
5. I need to go to the pharmacy to buy some medicine.
6. A civil servant is someone who works for the government.
أسئلة الورك بوك في القصة
1. Where had the girl been before she woke up in Cairo?
1. She had been in Peru.
2. What did she take with her on her trip?
2. She took a device/machine which helps the archaeologists to discover the age of things made of wood and cloth. / She took a laser.
1. What job did the man sitting next to Leila on the plane say he did?
1. He said he was a mining engineer.
2. What did Dr. Hafez think when Leila introduced him to Martin Lander?
2. He thought he had met the man somewhere before.
1. Why did Dr. Hafez keep looking round as he was talking to Leila on the plane?
1. Because she was worried that someone was listening to their conversation.
2. What did the Peruvian archaeologist, Ramon, find?
2. A gold figure of a child.
1. What did Leila see in Quenco that worried her?
1. She saw Amalia talking to Martin Lander in a café.
2. How did Dr. Hafez know how long the skeleton had been in the tomb?
2. He tested cloth that was with the skeleton with the black box device/laser Leila had brought with her from Egypt.
1. Why did Dr. Hafez call the police?
1. Because Leila (had) found Martin Lander raiding the tomb and Lander (had) trapped Leila in the cave.
2. What did the police find among Leila's work clothes?
2. They found a little gold rabbit.
1. How had Amalia's father lost all his money?
1. Martin Lander had persuaded him to put/invest his money in a silver mine.
2. How did Leila stop Martin Lander's plane from taking off?
2. She crashed into it with Lander's truck.
B) Complete the following sentences:
1. 1 The girl was away from her home in Egypt for ……………… .
2. The Incas did not have ……………… .
1. ……………… two months. 2. ……………… any writing.
1. Although Martin Lander has an American passport, he ……………………… .
2. When Dr. Hafez met Leila at the airport, he asked her if ……………………… .
1. ……………… was born in South Africa. 2. ………… she had brought the laser.
1. Dr. Hafez told Leila that thieves sometimes …………………… .
2. One of the most exciting days of Leila's life was when the archaeologists broke through …………………… .
1. ……………… take gold and silver things out of the country and sell them to rich collectors. 2. ……………… the wall into the tomb.
1. When Leila told Dr. Hafez what she had seen in Quenco, Dr. Hafez found it hard to believe that Amalia ………………… .
2. The archaeologists thought the man whose skeleton they found in the tomb might ………………… .
1. ……………… would do anything wrong.
2. ……………… have been killed (because his skull was cracked)/have been a king.
1. They knew the tomb was a king's tomb because they … .
2. Amalia put the little gold rabbit among Leila's clothes because ……………… .
1. ……………… found a gold mask.
2. ……………… she was angry that Leila had been made the leader of the team of archaeologists.
1. A helicopter came to ……… .
2. Leila and Dr. Hafez discovered that the village in the mountains was ……… .
1. ……………… take Amalia to hospital. 2. ……………… an ancient Inca site.
C) Read the following quotation, then answer the questions:
"You're going so far away," she sobbed.
1. Who said this, and who did she say it to?
2. When and where did she say this?
1. Samira said it to her older/big sister, Leila.
2. When she was leaving her at the airport at the start of her/Leila's trip to Peru.
"I decided I didn't want to tell this man too much more. He spoke easily and confidently".
1. Why do you think Leila did not want to answer any more questions?
2. What did the man do while she was sleeping later on the journey?
1. Because she thought the man was asking her a lot of questions. Some of her work was secret.
2. He looked through the pocket in the seat in front of her, where she had put her papers about the latest archaeological research.
"It's really quite deep. I can see some bones and some bits of pottery."
1. Where is the person who says this?
2. What does he go on to say about the bones?
1. In the tomb (through the wall).
2. He says that they are human bones.
"I thought I recognised the man you were talking to. I think I met him on the plane."
1. Who said this to whom?
2. Who is the man they are talking about?
1. Leila said this to Amalia.
2. They are talking about Martin Lander.
"I was in complete darkness. It was not a nice feeling."
1. Where was Leila and why was she in complete darkness?
2. How did she get out of this uncomfortable situation?
1. Leila was in the tomb/cave. Lander had left her in the cave and closed the door.
2. Dr. Hafez opened the cave door and helped her out.
"He told me how hard his life was, how little money he was paid. He told me he had a sick child and he needed to pay for medical expenses".
1. Who is Dr. Hafez talking about?
2. What did this person do to get money?
1. Pablo, one of the archaeological team.
2. He took the gold mask to Martin Lander and Lander gave him money.
صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى